Deadline: August 18, 2022
Applications are invited for the European Union (EU) Prize for Women Innovators 2022. The EU Prize for Women Innovators celebrates the women entrepreneurs behind game-changing innovations. In doing so, the EU seeks to raise awareness of the need for more women innovators, and create role models for women and girls everywhere.
The prize is awarded to the most talented women entrepreneurs from across the EU and countries associated to Horizon Europe, who have founded a successful company and brought innovation to the market. The prize is managed by the European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency, and the winners are chosen by an independent expert jury.
There are two prize categories:
- Women Innovators category: three prizes of EUR 100,000 each awarded to the most talented women innovators from across the EU and Associated Countries.
- Rising Innovators category: three prizes of EUR 50,000 each awarded to the most promising young innovators under 35.
- Open to:
- Women (this prize celebrates women in all their diversity);
- Established in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country;
- Who have founded an innovative company registered at least 2 years before the call year.
- Those applying for the Rising Innovators category must be under 35. There is no age limit to apply for the Women Innovators category.
Eligible applications will be evaluated against three award criteria:
- Breakthrough innovation – the company founded or co-founded by the applicant provides a truly innovative product or service in the EU market.
- Impact – the product or service addresses a specific societal need or challenge, with significant benefits for people and/or planet.
- Inspiration – the applicant has played a pivotal role in the success of the company, and considers themselves a role model for other women and girls.